Fast Idle Problem at startup

Hey guys,

I have a '84 K10 Suburban with a rochester carb and 350 engine. When I start the car for the first time in the morning it starts at a low idle. Just a little faster than curb idle. Obviously this causes the truck to stumble . What's funny is the trucks idle will slowly rise to fast idle speed after running for about three minutes with the choke about half open and the fast idle cam in the fully engaged position. Could this be a vacuum problem (ie: a bad carb to intake gasket). Once she gets warm I have no trouble at all. Hope someone can help......hell I'm stumped.

Reply to
Diamond Dave

Dave,

To find a leak at that gasket, grab a can of carb cleaner and spray around the base while the truck is running, if the idle changes then you have a leak somewhere, either vacuum hoses or that gasket.

Ed

Diam> Hey guys,

Reply to
89GMC