fuel pump ?

I have a97 5.7 gmc pick up.I parked today and when Iattempted to start it it turned over fine but would not start.I can not hear the fuel pump running like I always do.The fuel pump relay is good and so is the fuse.What do I need to do to make sure it is not something else(someone told me it could be the oil pressure switch) I have a hays manual 1988-98 but it is too general If it is the fuel pump I need some directions.Thanks

Reply to
Gary

Take a rubber mallet and give the bottom of the fuel tank a smack,then give it a start, mine started and I took it right to the shop and replaced the pump.

Reply to
Andy & Carol