Head bolt installation steps?

I am changing the heads on my dads 350 Chevy and remember that there was a installation procedure. Can anyone tell me what it is? I used to have Chilton's but my brother borrowed it and haven't gotten it back.

Reply to
D.L. Man

Go drop $15.95 and get another one. No one is going to take the time to type the whole procedure out for you!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

agree with doc.

16.00 is alot cheaper than a warped head because you used the wrong sequence old john
Reply to
<ajeeperman

If you have the correct torque values, here's the shade tree mechanic's advice..start in the center of the head and torque outwards in a X pattern..

Just as long as the specs don't call for one of those--------torque to a certain value then turn 120 degrees more, or torque in stages.

I'd still buy a book, but NOT a Chilton's..try a Haynes (?)

Reply to
ken