headlights for 01 Silverado

I want to change out the headlights on my 01 Silverado to a brighter one Next to My wife's Lexus with hd lights I have flashlights for headlights. and need brighter lights as I do a lot of driving in Deer Areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Sylvania Silver Stars is about as good as you can get by just replacing bulbs. If you want HID's you'll spend big bucks.

Brian

Reply to
diablo

I put a set of PIAA bulbs in my '99 Yukon I'm happy, better than the flashlights.

Reply to
Repairman

Just watch the wattage of aftermarket replacements as they can melt housing if they are too big power wise. I dislike these intergral plastic light assemblies though the ones on my 2000 K3500 old style are not too bad. (I dislike that you cannot adjust low and high beam patterns seperately) My old 89 4x4 burb has the best high beams of any truck I have ever had and it has the old style bulbs (4 of them) and the light that comes out of them is beyond belief at times as it lights the road up well a long way down the road and very evenly too. Still the factory bulbs too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan