High Mileage Silverado

Hello,

I just purchased a '98 K2500 Silverado Z-71 with 165,000 miles in excellent shape. The truck was owned by a business exec in Tennessee - the mileage is primarily highway. It doesn't burn a drop of oil, the tranny, transfer case, suspension, etc. all seem relatively tight - so there are no issues as far as I can tell thus far.

I'm mainly looking for some reassurance that with continued, proper maintenance, that I will be able to get another 50-100k miles out of this, bearing in mind that it's merely a daily driver and occasional road trip vehicle for the family - no off-roading or hard driving.

Any tips or other info would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

LT

Reply to
LT

I've seen them go 300+ with no major issues. I recently sold a 99 with 210K and it was still tight and strong.

Reply to
mcshannon

My '95 K1500 now has 220,000 miles & runs strong & tight. I expect at least another 100,000 from it.

Reply to
Stephen Young

If you maintain it properly, you shouldn't have a problem getting another 100,000 miles out of it.

Reply to
Rich B