Homelink Transmitter Replacement

My 98 Blazer Homelink transmitter is weak weak weak. I have to be very close to the garage to get the door to open. I checked on several different openers over the last year or so and all behaved the same.

Anyone know of an aftermarket replacement for the transmitter that actually has some balls behind it? _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Reply to
Jeff Givens

Make sure the antenna on the GDO (garage door opener) is OK and extended. You can even try extending the antenna on the GDO so it gets a better signal. Other that the transmitter that came with the door I don't think anything else will sub into the vehicle but than again maybe there's something new out there.

Reply to
Repairman

homelink has some pointers to help improve 'range' and none of these helped.

Shame, it a very minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things but still......

What a 100 mW or so more between friends? _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX