Class III Hitch on 93 1500

Want to put a hitch my 93 p/u, pull maybe 4000 lbs. or so.

Looking underneath I see some holes and bolts in the frame - I presume I can get a hitch that simply bolts on?

I ask as calling around the places here want $300 to put on a hitch and I can buy (generic search - not for particular model) one for about $125.

So if indeed a bolt-on, can anyone recommend a brand as well as electric kit? Are the electrics on this truck relatively painfree to do? I see a bunch of connecters underneath easily accessible.

Thanks. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Reply to
Jeff Givens

You can find some that bolt on directly but a "fits all" type may require a hole on each side. Worst case you could buy yourself a nice half inch drill and a good bit and save some money too.

Most any auto parts place will sell an adapter that fits in between two plugs in the back. Very painless. I'll put yours on for the $150.

Reply to
Bob Muse

Just put one of these Hidden Hitches on my 1999 K1500 it fits great and bolts right on. Takes about 15 minutes.

I also used a clam shell wiring harness adapter that fits into the existing wiring harness plug. Takes about 5 minutes for that.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

P.S. The hitch was $100.00 at my local auto parts store.

Reply to
NoSpam

I've found that UHaul is the best place to start... have them look at your truck and give you a price, then compare hitch shops, wally world (some common models can just bolt on) auto supply places, etc... For installed hitches, it's hard to beat UHaul's prices in my area....

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

Thx for help everyone.

I can't believe how easy and painless this appears. I thought there had to be cutting or welding with the prices everyone local here was quoting me.

Hitches online has the Hiddenhitch HH89013 for all of $100 total. I just checked my frame rails and it is exactly as pictured, all I have to do is unbolt the step bumper.

Literally a 30 minute job, if that. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Reply to
Jeff Givens

Cool... it would be nice if most problems were that easy to solve!!

Mac

Reply to
mac davis