'97 E320 Gas fuel injector replacement - ever done one?

I have a suspected leaking fuel injector (#6) and want to replace it. Exhaust reeks of unburned fuel upon start up and #6 spark plug is wet.

I'd like to know if the entire fuel rail needs to be removed or if I can cheat #6 out without removing the fuel rail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Tom

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Have you already verified that the ignition system is properly firing that plug?

Test the simple stuff first.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I agree that the basics should first be considered.

36K on the car and plugs are new.

Problem which first began at 18K is a delayed hot start which I believe occurs in part due to "flooding" from injector leak down. Getting worse.

Engine runs perfectly after start up, lots of power and good economy.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach