Is a 373 -10 bolt rear axle 5 lug the same as a 6 lug?

Is a 373 -10 bolt rear axle 5 lug the same as a 6 lug?... Broke the drive Pinion in the rear axle of my 4x4 pickup and am trying to just swap with a used

6 lug ... but those are pricey and not easy to come by. Can I get a 5 lug 373 rear end (lots cheaper) and just swap the axles in it to go to the six lug?

thanks

Reply to
SCOOTERTRS

I asked the Junk Yard the same thing. They said that you could. BUT, I would get info from a person that has had first hand experience with it. If you try it, please post the results.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

As long as they both 10 or 12blt, the axles should swap! As long as its apart, might as well replace the axle bearings if they are loos and the axle seals.

Reply to
Shades