Jet performance chips

Tell me about "Jet " brand chips? I have a 95 GMC K1500 with the 350 motor and was wondering about these. Do I need full throttle to feel the effects? High grade gas? Lower thermostat? Anyone with experience on these have anything to offer? Thanks for the help

Reply to
My Own Little Universe

yup. had one in my '90 K1500. Didn't notice a whole lot of difference. Had a guy read the program on the chip and he told me I wasted my money because they changed very little and worsened my situation.

they removed performance from my low end and added to my top end.

Keep in mind this was a JET chip and I am only giving information about that one in particular. Others may be much better, but I have not used others. I did notice a significant change when a guy offered to make a custom chip for me when I swapped engines. Totally different story, though.

Reply to
Snowman