John E Lingenfelter-RIP

John Earl Lingenfelter

1945-2003 Father of the GTO Rest In Peace
Reply to
krash

So it's true. I hear that a few days ago.

R.I.P. You are truely a Legend

Reply to
Demon

WHAT?!?!?! NO WAY!?!?!?

Reply to
Shades

This is old news, but to those few who didn't know, here's a link for you.

R I P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
farCry

Old news my ass!!! 5 days does not make something of this magnitude old news! Anyone who has ever had their head under the hood and oil on their hands will mourn this loss for a long, long time!

Reply to
Shades

farCry you're an Asshat. He died on the 25th. I heard about it on the 27th this post started on the 29th. How is that AT ALL old news.

Reply to
Demon

I think that would be John Delorean and Jim Wangers. John E Lingenfelter, among many other things, could get warp speed from Chevy engine/chassis....Rico

Reply to
Rico

Reply to
seeray

This is a truly sad day. To say that he was (and still is) a god to the Chevy engine is an understatement. I only hope that whoever continues to carry the flag at LPE took good notes from a great engine builder.

Reply to
Chevguy