Bargain or not?

I've been offered a pre reg' 13 plate Puggy 5008. It has had no owners and no mileage but with the plate changeover due the dealer has offered it to me with £5000 off the price so he wants £14000. Is good or can I do better?

TIA

Reply to
Gerald

they start at 14k and go up to 23k, so depending upon which engine and gearbox it may or may not be a bargain

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes, it has. If it's got plates, it's got a registered keeper. You will be number 2 on the V5C.

In a month and a bit's time.

The question is, do you WANT a 5008? If so, do you think that's a good price, compared to the deal you can get elsewhere.

You _have_ done some ringing around, haven't you?

Reply to
Adrian

I think we can guess at that particular spec being £19k list.

Reply to
Adrian

I have indeed been ringing around. The car I have in mind is from a main dealer and is a pre reg 13 plate and model is:- 5008 MPV 1.6HDI

112 FAP sport which seems to be about as low an insurance group as 5008s go (G14).

Price on that one is £15500

Yes I have focused my mind on a 5008 because of the extra fold up seats

Reply to
Gerald

It is not unknown for dealers to be less than honest when trying to shift vehicles.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Indeed. But I think we can assume it's been checked against the price list that's widely available.

Reply to
Adrian

it has now and it is only 15.5 k

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Many thanks. That's that one out the window then :(

Reply to
Gerald

Having plates fitted is not always a sign that the vehicle has been registered by the dealer. I believe they are allocated a block of numbers and can do with them what they wish.

Case in point. A relative bought a new car around five years ago, I was chauffeuring her around during the evaluation / purchase phase and the correct numbered plates were already fitted on the car she finally picked the first time she saw it in the showroom. She was the first keeper on the V5.

Reply to
The Other Mike

He didn't say it had plates fitted. He said it was pre-registered. Which requires a keeper.

If it was just plates being fitted, then come 1st Sept, they've wasted a grand total of about a fiver on a pair of plates. Off the 13s come, and grab any random one off the top of the pile of 63-plates.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes it does have plates fitted and is taxed.

TBH I am fast going off the 5008. What seven seater would anyone recommend? It's for family use only not a taxi.

I can go to £15-20,000 at a push depending on age and maybe two years old top whack. Ideally insurance group 14 or under.

I have no love for Ford or Vauxhall.

Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
Gerald

toyota verso 7 seater

Reply to
Mrcheerful

But you'd consider a pug? ;-)

A lot depends on how much you want to use the rearmost seats. Regularly or not, children or adults?

I had two Citroen Synergies that I liked although they were not without some problems. A Mitsubishi Spacewagon that used to be pretty small in the back but I think the car has "grown" since I had mine. A VW Touran as well that was nice to drive but really too small in the back for anything other than occasional use by children (or desperate/drunk adults).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Strange you should mention that one. It is exactly what I was looking at in town today.

Reply to
Gerald

The Sharan's alright, but no boot space.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks got a Touran to view tomorrow in Bath. 1.6HDI on 13 plate at £1900 which hopefully will come down a bit. It looks promising. I have given up on the 5008.

Reply to
Gerald

My wife has one of these. [albeit with 'auto' box] Had it ~3yrs. Excellent motor. We have dogs/kids/crap etc and use it in 5str mode mainly but have had 5 adults and 2 kidsin (without any luggage at all of course. We use my Caravelle for when more than that is needed. Manages ~42-45mpg around town even with my lead boot. ~50mpg on motoways at

80-85mph cruising. The autopark feature scares the crap out of me though. Used it a couple of times but.....hmmm....unnatural.

JB

Reply to
JB

Thanks for advice. Test drove the Touran and it left the Peugeot 5008 standing all round. One Touran to pick up during the week :)

Reply to
Gerald

That is for the 2002-2010 version. This is a new one from a main dealer with full warranty so any problems it goes back:))))))

The only thing that did bother me slightly was the lack of a spare wheel but then again that is what I pay breakdown insurance for and I can always keep a spare back home.

Reply to
Gerald