Little tip for the pro's

For those of you who do this for a living.

Right front axle seal on the new style trucks. Replacing it.

Shift the t/case into 4hi. Remove the stabilizer bar links at either end (at the control arms) Remove the 6 bolts holding the right axle shaft to the front diff flange. Remove the right axle shaft nut and then remove the entire right axle shaft assembly (by axle shaft I mean the shaft with the c/v and tri-pot joints) Pop out the right diff output shaft and as you pull it out, you need to push the stab bar up and then the axle shaft will come right out.

Note: (shifting it into 4hi captures the washer on the end of the long shaft, so you don't have to worry about it dropping out of place)

Takes 15 minutes...pays 2.3 hrs. (People who pay for this, close your eyes, and put your hands over your ears)

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks Ian.

I figure we can give the customer a break and knock the labor down to 2 hours even.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
Jeff