Lots of problems

I have a 99 Silverado LT and will be selling it for a newer truck. I have experienced quite a few minor problems with it up to this point(88K miles). It appears to me that this is common with this year and model. In fact, it appears from reading this board that the truck is a veritable bottomless money pit. Fuel pump replacement being common(been there), SES lights coming on (emissions) not uncommon, lots of talk about "piston slap", "flimsy" 4 wheel drive transmissions,"notoriously" faulty 4 wheel drive switchs, "THE CLUNK", power window problems and the list goes on. My question is, has GM addressed these and other issues on their newer models? If so, beginning in what year? It's hard to believe that Chevy trucks have the highest resale value with all the problems that are common to at least this particular year.

Reply to
Kirk Mitchell