Need advice please on fuel injectors. '96 Blazer

1996 Blazer with 102K mi, replaced dead fuel pump 3 weeks ago and running fine until two days ago.

Now its main symptoms are hard starting (like flooded) after sitting overnight or for several hours. After it finally sputters to life it runs fine and will restart without problems. Restarts just fine while hot.

I've done a lot of looking on the web and now suspect the fuel injectors. Are they leaking and causing the flooding? Or could it be something related to the new fuel pump? (I hope not). If needed I will end up buying a fuel pressure guage.

If I was able to change the fuel pump which was a PIA, how much trouble will the injectors be?

Many TIA

Steve

Reply to
Mr. Transistor

I think I would do a fuel pressure check before I went any further. It should be 60 to 65 PSI on a Vortec motor.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

trust SnoMan he was exact on helping me on my 96 blazer. pressure test did it.

Reply to
blazer089