88 chev fuel

I have a 1988 chev 350 1/2 ton and am having fuel touble.At times when I shut it off it wont restart, it seems to have no fuel coming. Then if it sitts a while it works.I have repalced pump and filter, does anyone know how a fuel regulator works and symtoms when its not..Thanks

Reply to
gduke

Will it only NOT start when you try to fire it up and the engine is already warm/hot?

Pop the air cleaner off and watch the injectors during this no-start condition. Are they spraying fuel?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

its a throttle body but there is no fuel there when its cranked

Reply to
gduke

Reply to
KENG