96 4.3 wont start after at normal operating temperature

I have a 1996 Chevy 1500..4.3..2wd...lately my truck has not been wanting to start if shut it down then try and restart. Starts up no problem...runs smooth...then once i shut it off no shot that it will restart...just crank....what the hell could it be????...i put a new fuel pump in last year (plus it starts so that cant be it)...replaced the fuel pump relay...filter is new too...what else should i look at???

Reply to
MikeP

when it won't start you are going to have to see if there's good spark or not ...and for fuel

-- Posted using the

interface, at author's requestArticles individually checked for conformance to usenet standardsTopic URL:
Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Chevy

> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >
I 100% have spark cause i actually had the pleasure of gettin a little jolt...felt good haha...whats a good way to check for fuel?? I hear the pump workin and if the truck sits for a few hrs it starts up no problem at all...

Reply to
MikeP

Is it flooding out when you try to hot-start it? A faulty CTS will cause the injectors to dump fuel into the mixture even when the engine is hot causing a no-start condition. Try cracking the throttle plates wide open next time it won't hot-start and she if she turns over.

Doc

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

"Doc"

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > >
Thanx Doc...that sounds like what it prob is..ill check it out and let you know

Reply to
MikeP

"MikeP" wrote: > Thanx Doc...that sounds like what it prob is..ill check it out > and let you know

it was the coolant temp switch...after the engine was hot it wasnt aloowingthe engine to dump fuel...runs great again...

Reply to
MikeP

Just the opposite, when the engine was hot it WAS dumping fuel which caused the problem. Hot engines need less fuel than cold engines in the mixture.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

right thats what i meant..it was flooding...now im taking on the great task of rebuilding the engine in my 68 Cutlass...gonna be fun

Reply to
MikeP