NEEDING HELP WITH 1989 CHEVY SILVERADO

IVE GOT A 89 CHEVY SILVERADO ITS GOT THE 5.7 TBI THE TRUCK ONLY HAS 110.000 MILES ON IT. THE TRUCK STARTED RUNNING BAD WHEN IT WAS COLD IT HAD LIKE A MISS IN IT AND HAD NO PICK UP AND YOU COULD HEAR IT IN THE EXAUST IT WASNT RIGHT BUT AFTER IT WARMED UP IT RAN GREAT. SO I PUT A COMPLETE TUNE UP ON IT PLUGS WIRES CAP ROTOR FUEL FILTER AND AIR FILTER. AND ITS STILL DOING THE SAME THING BUT THE TRUCK IDIES FINE AND STARTS FINE .WELL ITS TURNS OVER EASY BUT IT TAKES A FEW CRANKS TO FIRE. AND THERES NO NOISE IN THE MOTOR.

Reply to
KLINE89

Start by changing fuel filter. Sounds like you may have a fuel pressure issue. Fuel demand is higher during warmup than with a warm engine. If filter does not help, do a fuel pressure check. It should be around 14 PSI on feed from pump and 9.5 to 10 PSI after regulator.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

You might change ECT sensor too (engine coolant tempature) near Tstat housing. If it is bad it can make engine run poorly when cold. THere is two of them on that model, one as above and one in head. You want one mentioned above as other one is for temp gauge.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

[snip]

We interupt this thread for a Public Service Announcement.

----------------------------------- :::::::::Introducing SnoMans Follies::::::::: SBJ: 4T65E

(Confuses a 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.) SBJ: Dumb brake question
(Discribes the wrong brakes and won't admit it.) SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer??
(Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.) SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01
(Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong and won't admit it.)-----------------------------------

Reply to
Heatwave

WTF is this "after regulator" crap? There is one place to measure fuel pressure on GM TBI, in the line feeding the throttle body. This can be -at- the throttle body or at the fuel filter which are the only two places that the adaptors will fit.

Also; why do you recommend "changing fuel filter" when the original poster has already stated that he has done so already? Is your brain stuck in the 18th century, do you entertain some South American tribal belief that certain parts must be sacrificed to some automotive god? (although this -may- be better than your 21st century suggestions to "trade it in.")

More half informed bull shit. There is one temperature _sensor_, it is next to the thermostat housing, the ECM uses it to determine coolant temperature and will effect engine performance. There is one temperature _sending unit_, it is mounted in the cylinder head, the temperature gauge uses it to determine and display coolant temperature, it has NOTHING to do with engine performance.

There is no "two of them" on that model.

Both pieces can be easily tested to a reasonable degree of certainty, thus avoiding the swapnostics that dominate the methods of amateurs like you. Makes me think that you don't know one from the other so you just replace BOTH and hope for the best.

Argue all you want Snowannabe, I got the certs, you don't.

Your friend Neil ASE Certified Master Technician w/L1 Chevrolet Certified Master Technician GM Certified Master Technician

38 years _professional_ experience

P.S. If someone needs advice on how to slop drain oil on a snow plow, by all means, the thread is yours.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Gee I guess GM wasted there time psoting both spec huh. They should have cleared it with you first. YOu can disconnetec and measure main pressure if you want to but that might be too hard for your simple troll brain.

The only brain stuck here is your, in the troll mode. So what if I metioned checking/changing filter, big deal I have to give you something to cry about.

Boy are you full of it, there is two on my 89 and every other SB V8 TBI motor I have seen (which shows who is really clueless here) One near Tstat for ECM and one in drivers sdie head for gauge.

Neil better check is certification because there is two of them unless you want to claim that I tapped and drilled mine to take another one. SOme GM cars had it both way. Eariler Saturns up to about 95 had two as well one for ECM and one for gauge or idiot light, 96 on had one. Being a Troll and spreading the wrong info is simply what you do best.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes time for another outburst by a Troll that has ego issues, Such a child. Knock yourself out.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

How would GM be wasting their time when no such thing exists?

Explain how one would measure pressure after the regulator when their is no access point? The only thing after the regulator is the return line and if (big IF) there was 9.5 to 10 psi on the return, the feed side would be a hell of a lot higher than spec.

This is nothing but more of your made up bull shit whose purpose can only be to fill space on a monitor. One can only guess as to why you would post something so ludicrous when it's so easily verified.

Oh, maybe because he'd be wasting his time and money?

Time to wake up little man.

No there aren't.

That would be the coolant 'sensor.'

That would be the coolant 'sender.'

Look closely at what's written there, two different parts, two different names, two different functions.

Only the clueless interchange the names.

There is two of -something-, however, the are not both "sensors."

OP said nothing about working on a Saturn.

IOWs, more irrelevant useless filler from the clueless lawn mower/snow plower.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

One Temperature Sending Unit (not two) One Temperature Sensor (not two)

Gotta really dumb these things down for ya dont we?

Reply to
Heatwave

Out burst? Its just a simple copy & paste. You could have avoided all of this simply by admitting when you were wrong. Which never do. You brought this upon yourself. Now wallow in it pig.

----------------------------------- :::::::::Introducing SnoMans Follies::::::::: SBJ: 4T65E

(Confuses a 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.) SBJ: Dumb brake question
(Discribes the wrong brakes and won't admit it.) SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer??
(Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.) SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01
(Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong and won't admit it.)-----------------------------------

Reply to
Heatwave

snip typical 50% disinformation & 50% calling others trolls

Reply to
nonsense

The "deal" is that it goes to show you must read as poorly as you write. I have often seen you give a specification that is for something, but not what you think it is for, as in the "Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer???" thread. I don't know if your brain is addled, you just need a thicker pair of glasses, or you read too fast to comprehend what is written - that includes your numerous service manuals.

I don't care that I have a hard time interpreting what you write because of your poor composition. I don't care if you try to stalk me thoughout the internet. I do care that others may take your advice and either get hurt or spend a whole lot of money needlessly. I regret that I didn't bother to explain it to "mtnfox31 via CarKB.com" regarding his '87 S10 4x4, but I figure you may be correct and at the worst, he only wastes some time.

You, Snoman are dangerous and foolish. I applaud Heatwave for his public service announcements.

Reply to
Ed H.

Reply to
none

IIrc. There was also the 120 foot pound spec for the front bearing retainer on the trans that should have been 35 foot pound's

Reply to
Roy

Heck I know what I got is just a drop in a ocean... I try to link the easiest ones for people to read to get caught up on. If you can find it in google shoot me the link. If its not heavy reading for the laymen out there I'll add it.

Also everyones free to use my links or to create your own.

Reply to
Heatwave

I like Ed's style of writing. It's a heavy contrast to snoflakes goop and a breath of fresh air.

Reply to
Heatwave