'92 Subaru Loyale

I "tried" to give my 92 subaru loyale a regular tune up....new spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, new air filter and fuel filter and oil change. I got everything in correctly, and now it wont start. Ive re checked everythign about 10 times....the firing order is correct....getting spark....getting fuel.....the timing is right. the rotor is spinning....the fuel filter is working properly....getting compression...you turn the key and it cranks, but it work start up and run. Anyone have ANY idea whatsoever? everyone ive asked has no clue and is completely baffeled. "It ran in, itll run out," well not this time. I was thinking that maybe there is a fuel rest button somewhere, but it says nothing in the owners mauaul about it, that manual is worthless. Well ANY help would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

Reply to
Jrtbighurt

plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, new air filter and fuel filter and oil change. I got everything in correctly, and now it wont start. Ive re checked everythign about 10 times....the firing order is correct ....getting spark....getting fuel.....the timing is right. the rotor is spinning....the fuel filter is working properly....getting compression ...you turn the key and it cranks, but it work start up and run. Anyone have ANY idea whatsoever? everyone ive asked has no clue and is completely baffeled. "It ran in, itll run out," well not this time. I was thinking that maybe there is a fuel rest button somewhere, but it says nothing in the owners mauaul about it, that manual is worthless. Well ANY help would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

If you have fuel in the cylinders, under compression, and there's a spark it's going to fire. So one of the three is either not happening, or is happening at the wrong time. Does it fire at all? How do you know you have spark and how do you know the firing order is correct? How did you relieve the fuel pressure before you changed the filter? Do you have fuel pressure?

Reply to
Jim

wires, distributor cap and rotor, new air filter and fuel filter and oil change. I got everything in correctly, and now it wont start. Ive re checked everythign about 10 times....the firing order is correct....getting spark....getting fuel.....the timing is right. the rotor is spinning....the fuel filter is working properly....getting compression...you turn the key and it cranks, but it work start up and run. Anyone have ANY idea whatsoever? everyone ive asked has no clue and is completely baffeled. "It ran in, itll run out," well not this time. I was thinking that maybe there is a fuel rest button somewhere, but it says nothing in the owners mauaul about it, that manual is worthless. Well ANY help would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

I've had aftermarket cap and rotors cause a no start. If you have not already, try reinstalling the old cap and rotor.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Webb

It cranks over, but it wont start up and stay on...just sit there with the clutch in and turning the key...when you put the throttle all the way down it sounds like it wants to start up, but just wont....We know we have spark because I took out every plug and still attached to the wire and crank the car....and you can see the spark...i did this to all 4 plugs. And i know the firing order is correct cause we checked for compression at the first cylinder to see where the rotor was pointing and its inline with the "1" that says on the cap. And we have the correct firing order that says in the owners manual "1-3-2-4" And when you take off the cover to the fuel injector and crank the car over and look down in there you can see the fuel dripping in there. How much fuel should be going to the injector? cause when we take the plugs out after trying to crank it over they arent wet at all with any fuel...they are dry. It makes no sense to me....we got spark, fuel (i think), well at least up to the injector, it should start.....we even tried pop starting it pulling it behind a truck and it still wouldnt start up....just crank over and over....well anyone have ANY idea now? Thanks

Reply to
Jrtbighurt