New Rotors

I put new rear rotors on my 99 Z71. I am now getting some serious heat when I drive it from my passanger side rear wheel. I am hoping it isn't the caliper. My question is, Should have I adjusted the drum shoes when I installed the new rotors and pads? The rotors slid over the drum shoes with no problem at all, so I didn't feel the need to adjust them in. Any suggestions?

Reply to
TrailShredder

Disk or drum? If you have rear disk brakes, then you have calipers and rotors. If you have drums, you have rear drums and a star wheel to adjust the shoes.

Yes, you should adjust the brake shoes when you rebuild them. Having them correctly adjusted helps the front brakes last longer and do their job properly.....among other reasons.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

On the rears, he has rotors with drums. The rotor (disc) has a drum cast into the back side, as well. He did not make a mistake in terminology when he said he slid the rotors over the shoes.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Sounds like the park brake needs to be adjusted (back it off) and reset to specs. You should not feel or hear any drag when hand rotating the wheels (on jacks of course). Post back when you've done this! Respectfully Rolf

Reply to
nozel