new wiper problem

I repaired the broken connection in my wiper circuit board about 2 years ago. Has worked fine until now.When I turn on my wipers they will not turn off and will only run on one speed and the washer pump will not spray.This problem is intermittent Early in the am they work fine .When they do shut off they may be anywhere on the windshield 97 gmc pickup

Reply to
Gary

Greetings,

Repeat the repair. Just because you fixed the bad solder joints doesn't mean that the original cause doesn't still exist (circuit board too thin, and vibration along wiring harness causing stress on the socket). However, you could also have additional solder joints that you didn't fix the first time go bad so another shot with a soldering gun and some extra solder should work again.

The recall kits have a thicker circuit board to prevent the solder joints from failing and a redesigned cover to make up for the additional thickness.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I come across the same problem from time to time. Its in the turn signal level switch, bad contact. Futs with and you'll see it stop.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle