PICS: The Chevy HHR SS is coming - Brochure

Here is the 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS in its full glory. Does this mea further dilution of the SS moniker or just a good move by Chevy

View the attachments for this post at:

JLA

Looks like a ford lightning... I guess bugly is in the eye of the beholder, cuz that doesn't look much like a TRUCK to me...

I wonder how many of us that remember what SS, cowl Induction, Malibu, etc. meant are still around?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yea....even though I'm an old school GM fan I tend to think "WTF" at some of the new GM stuff. Yes that truck from the front sure resembles the ford mentioned above. Anyone notice the but ugly front bumper on the new GM pickups?

GM needs to wake up. I don't think they even look at the completion to see what is selling or what the market is looking for. In my view a truck is a truck....not some half breed Cadillac with a bed on it.

When the imports start with the 1 ton and 3/4 ton work trucks.... GM and Ford may have to go back to the drawing board or get serious one way or the other.

I also think there is to much "copying" one another's design between Ford and GM. Not much of a Dodge / Chrysler fan myself so I don't even consider their products, other than I like their 3/4 pickup...or I should say I like the Cummins diesel and drive train, outside of that Dodge and Chrysler can keep their stuff.

Guess I'll hang on to my old 92K1500 to haul junk around and get off in the mud every now and then.

I think the "big three" are going to get consumed by their labor costs and their retirement benefits.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

I have a client with a '69 Camaro SS - original rims.

I know, and I can't imagine an HHR being an SS as much as I can't imagine my AV or a Hummer being an SS.

:P

Reply to
PerfectReign

Me for one. This is where I went to work after I got tired of chasing squeeks and rattles for warranty time:

Lots of pics there...enjoy.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow