Comcast nukes newsgroup access to all!

So this is a test post from my new account.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Join the club. Time Warner nukes everyone as well. Fuck-em all !!!

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Jo Baggs

Here are some free text-only servers.

Dale Beckett

I am testing for the same reason. Comcast=asshats.

Reply to
matt

Yep, when I read about Roadrunner and Verizon dropping newsgroups, I knew it was only a matter of time before Comcast did the same. I'm dissappointed, but not surprised.

I thought Motzarella was a good service, but they only offer text newsgroups, which doesn't work for me (I like the MP3 & video groups).

For anyone else that's in a similar situation, I tried a few paid providers (Giganews, Easynews, etc.) and ended up getting an account with Newsguy.

They have 10 Gig accounts for $3 month and 50 Gig accounts for $8 month, and they're also giving away a free month of newsgroup service to Comcast people which was a nice bonus...

For the $3 month I'm getting all the text & binary groups, I can use my newsreader or their website reader, they have a newsgroup search engine, and I also get free email & website hosting. I've genuinely been impressed with their setup and thought I'd mention it for anyone that's shopping providers.

-T-

Reply to
Terrence

So, now I get a letter saying that they are going to raise the cost of my broadband by 3 bucks a month.

They giveth and they taketh away.

^$#^%(^%@%)^@()#$%

Reply to

The cable companies are the Devil's spawn.

K.

They giveth and they taketh away.

Reply to
Kate

You can access a mirror of this group here

and support attachments like below View the attachments for this post at:

JLA