Plywood Sheet As Bed Liner?

Just got a 2015 Silverado with a bare bed.
I want *something* back there for when I load/haul abrasive items like cinder blocks so they don't gouge up the metal.
I'm seeing five hundred bucks for spray-in and not *that* much less for drop-in.
I'm not all that wild about drop-ins because they hide corrosion and this vehicle gets it's share of use around salt water and wet sailing gear. .... Seems like just a sheet of plywood could easily be slid out for occasional hosing...
I don't think side protection is much of a consideration in this case.
Is there something about plywood that I am missing?
If not, does anybody have a preference for thickness?
Quarter-inch would be nice from a ease-of-insertion-removal standpoint, but sounds prone to warping. I'm thinking it's probably more like a choice between 3/8" and 1/2".
??
Other alternatives?
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

Horse stall mat. heavy enough to stay put when the beds empty. OR buy a couple of the Raptor Liner kits and roll/spray on your own for less.
--
Steve W.

Per Steve W.:

Forty bucks at Tractor Supply (http://tinyurl.com/mp3mwep )
Seems like a no-brainer to me - gonna get up there in the text few days.
Thanks!
--
Pete Cresswell

Per (PeteCresswell):

Got one and it seems like a winner:
- As you observe, heavy enough not to blow away (it took two Tractor Supply employees to get into the bed of my pickup)
- Smooth enough to slide stuff around on, but not slick like paint so stuff tends to stay where it's put.
I figure when it's time to hose out underneath it, I can peel it back so it's laying across one side of the bed - without having to lift the entire weight.
--
Pete Cresswell