BED LINER in jeep wrangler????

i've got a 94 wrangler, and i got to thinking.... instead of the lame carpeting inside, has anyone tried talking to a place that does spray-on bed liners for trucks? i want to spray the inside with the spray-on liner(like rhino truck-bed liner)so i don't have to worry about water any longer??? does anyone know what i'm talking about... good idea??? any suggestions??? thanks a lot, bobbyg

Reply to
bobbyg2004

I have seen quite a bit of this, and I like it. I haven't done it myself, I will wait until I have an excuse to strip the interior, but it is a no-brainer when the time comes. I know a handful of people that have done it and love it, it is quieter, more weather resistant, and more durable than anything else that you can apply or install.

The only thing that I have had treated like this is my homemade rocker rails. I tried some of the DIY stuff on my bumpers, and was not impressed. Have it done professionally, you will love the results.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

Man, these posts are popular new topics lately. I guess everyone wants to line their Jeeps in preparation for the summer open-top/possibly rainy season. ;-)

Do a search on Google Groups for past threads on bedliners, you'll find a veritable plethora of posts, information, and opinions on the use of bedliners, which bedliners people have tried, approximate costs, etc.

Reply to
Bob

I have a Dodge that has a Line-X spray on bedliner, great stuff! Check it out

The rock krawler on monster garage was sprayed with Line-X bet it would be perfect for your jeep.

Reply to
Laura

I used Durabak - was about $100 and did it myself. Very easy. Took a weekend.

Friday night: take everything out of jeep (seats, carpets, enter console, everything!) Roughed up paint with sanding wheel on drill Cleaned and washed inside with soap and water. Cleaned inside with Xylene (sp?) Sat am: filled screw holes/drain plugs with rolled up masking tape. masked off everything I didn't want coated. Started application using supplied roller and a brush. Let 1st coat dry for 2 hrs, applied second coat. Sunday night: put everything back together.

Did this 5 or 6 years ago and the stuff is still perfect.

George

90 Wrangler 4.2L 98 Ram 1500 00 SV650

Laura wrote:

Reply to