Rancho adjustable shocks? Gimmick or useful? (2002 S-10)

It spends much of its time empty. I want something that will keep the rear axle under control a little better when empty (seems to get airborne too much on the big hits).

OEM shocks are blown and leaking, but the truck feels about the same as stock until I throw 500lbs in the back. Then it flops its tail like a beached whale.

One strong condender is the Bilstein HD from Autozone at $59/ea. The pricier adjustable Ranchos can be had from Summit for something like $87.

For you Rancho RS9000 owners, did you find yourself getting under the truck and actually using the adjustments after the novelty wore off? ;-)

RM

Reply to
richard6121

LKN4SNO

Having used them before, they are going to go on both my daily driver after I finish the solid front axle swap as well as my trail toy- 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4.

I'll have the dash mounted adjustment kit so I can adjust on the fly.

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

More info?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

It offers shocks for both the single and dual shock OEM setup. About 95 bucks each.

Reply to
JR

More details on what you want more info on? 8)

Reply to
burntkat

Except it seems to be for fullsize Blazers....

My Blazer is a S-series.... and will soon have front and rear Dana

44's out of an 87 Wagoneer... 8)

Reply to
burntkat

Dash mounted kit? How do you adjust them....

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ