Re: 4x4 won't lock in

'99 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 will not lock in.

> > 4x4 is push-button, if that matters? 4x4 Indicator light does not show-up > on dash either. > > Does anyone have experience with this issue? > > Thanks in advance. > > Mark H. Bowen

Not on a silverado, but on my Jimmy.

The 4x4 is engaged by a vacumn actuator connected via circuits to your button.

After almost ten years, the wires may be corroded or the actuator may be out, or the fuse may be shot.

I xposted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks.

Reply to
PerfectReign