Remote key upgrade kit (transmitter and remotes)

Hi,

I'm looking for an aftermarket remote key kit (transmitter and keyless remotes) for a '97 Tahoe. Do you have any recommendations ?

The original GM transmitter has probably just to be hooked up to the wire harness under the dashboard. Has anyone ordered this part and an idea about the price ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Reply to
Oliver

Last year I bought an '04 4 door S-10 Blazer that had every option except keyless entry (it was a rental vehicle) It had the wiring harness for the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver). (in other words, keyless entry receiver) I found out the part number from the dealer for the receiver and the key fobs, ordered them "on line" from a discount GM parts place (another dealership in other words for about

1/2 of list price) >Hi,
Reply to
randy

I went with "Bulldog Security" about 60 bucks. Pretty simple to install, I just used the door unlock feature after local GM dealer wants 200 bucks to replace receiver in vehicle.

If you can do it yourself it is easy. If not I am sure the local Best Buy will install for you.

Steve

Reply to
S.C