Restore

Anyone have any experance with "Restore" oil treatment?

I have a 89 S-10 Blazer 163000 miles. I need it to last till spring then I have a donor motor for her. I'd like it to run a little smoother. My #1 plug is fouling out from oil.

JQP

Reply to
John Q Public

JQ,

I've used it for years and years in everything from 1.5L, Japanese 4-bangers to 350's in Chevy trucks. The stuff works as advertised. It seals up the rings pretty nice and gets compression to pretty near "new" levels, resulting in more power, better gas mileage and smoother idle. I've run lots of my own "tests" where I run compression checks before and after using the stuff, and it DOES work.

A quick note, if your oil is coming from the top end (valve guide seal), Restore won't do squat, but if it's bottom end it'll slow it down pretty well. Make sure to use RESTORE brand, and NOT HP Restorer Plus. Cans look identical, products are very different. Make sure you shake the can like it insulted your mother before you open it, and retreat with every oil change.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

DOC,

Thanks for the tips and wizdom. I added some RESTOR today along with all new "High Mileage Oil". I almost bought the Lucus Oil treatment but I went with the Restore.

How long does it usally take to see a change after adding the stuff? I've heard within 100 miles.

Reply to
John Q Public

Give it about 500miles and you'll prolly start to notice some difference.. I used it in my '96 K1500 at just over 100K miles and I did notice that the motor felt more solid.. (maybe it's mind over matter) I think it works

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

I have a high mileage Saturn that I use Restore in at every oil change. Before using Restore, I was having to add about a qt. of oil between changes, sometimes more. Now it does not use any. I don't think the Restore cost as much as a qt. of oil for a 4 cyl., but it's not the money, but the convenience of not having to keep constant check on the oil level and not getting oil in the combustion chambers. MR

Reply to
MR

It varies between instantly and around 500 miles. The truck I drive now, I heard a difference just a few minutes after adding it to the crankcase (very loud dual glasspack exhaust so any change in engine health is pretty damn easy to hear), and noticed an increase in off-the-line oomph and gas mileage within 50 miles or so. Others occurr gradually over 500 miles or so....................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I used it religiously on my former '95 Chevy 1500 with the 6.5L turbo diesel engine starting at 100,000 miles. Before using it, my motor would drink about a quart every 1500 miles. After I started using Restore it dwindled to less than a quart every 3000. However, it took until the 4th oil change before I noticed any significant difference in oil consumption, and I change my oil every 3000 miles like clock work. I had almost 150,000 miles on that truck when I sold it and I've been very pleased with what Restore did for it. I would recommend it for any high mileage motor. Even though I didn't see any positive results inside of 500 miles like many have said, I did have the patience to keep using it and I'm glad I did.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race