HP Restore

Hey DOC...

I tried the HP Restore in my 92 S10 Blazer. I've used it with two oil changes. After 570 miles on the second change, the motor now has a tick when you give it gas. After you \drive it for about 25 miles, it goes away until the motor is cool again.

I never really felt any more horse power gain with the stuff. I spoke with my mechanic and he said he's 100% sure the HP Restore caused a sticky lifter.

Any thoughts?? Should I try some of that Lucas oil treatment? That stuff worked wonders for my tranny.

Just curious...

Thanks!!

LS

Reply to
LS

The mechanics was right. Can of Lucas oil and the sound is gone. I hate to get rid of him since he was right...oh well..guess I have to since you said so. :)

Reply to
LS

Lannie,

I pimp RESTORE on this ng, NOT HP Restorer Plus for that very reason. Totally different product. HP Restorer is frikkin' useless, comes in a VERY similar can and is hard to tell apart.

Giver a good motor flush, get all that shit outta there, then try the RESTORE.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

SH^%$ I must have gotten the wrong stuff. I'll go look again.

I have to replace the heater core in in a while, so I will do a radiator flush and motor flush and do it in one weekend. I'll see what happens.

Thanks Doc!

Reply to
LS

The bastards in the store put the two products, which are in IDENTICAL cans right next to one-another. I've come back from AZ once or twice with the wrong stuff if I was rushing in the store and just grabbed "the big silver can".

Take er' easy,

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"