rusty anti freeze?????

4 years ago I had my engine rebuilt which included a new radiator and water pump... I was surprised this week when I checked my anti freeze that it was rusty...... I'm puzzled as to why this would be the case so soon........ my mechanic said if he changed it , it would probably just come right back........... but I can't understand where it would be coming from since everything is fairly new........ this is a 1985 Chevy S10 Blazer with a 2.8 engine..........
Reply to
don

Uhm....

4 years, H2O and an Iron block.......
Reply to
Topprolmc

Is it That NEW style Antifreeze That GM Mandates For 1995 + Vehivcles ? and it is EATING the HEAD GASKETS..

First sign of Trouble is GUMMY Brown Goo on the inside of The RAD CAP!!

I think the article I READ About it Said TWO YEARS MAX in a Vehicle Before Changing it OUT !!

Reply to
Santa

You mix water with the anti-freeze? That'll do it.

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Antifreeze manufacturer propaganda.

Reply to
High Sierra

No.. GENERAL MOTOR's EXACT WORDS

Reply to
Santa

General Motors must own some Antifreeze stock.

Reply to
High Sierra