S10 Blazer Air Horn ?

I want to install an underhood air horn kit on my '88 S10 Blazer, like the Hadley Bully. The kit includes a small compressor and air tank in addition to the dual horn setup. Has anyone installed a kit like this on an S10 Blazer, and maybe have some pictures or description of where you located the components? It looks really tight under the hood, and I don't want to buy the kit if it isn't likely to fit. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
tech3324

Probably none of my business, unless you honked it at me of course, but why would you want one of these? I can't think of few things that would get yer ass kicked quicker if you had a penchant for using it.

Hatt

Reply to
DJ Hatt

Two thoughts:

  1. I drive an 89 S-10, and I can tell you.NO ONE hears the horns on those trucks. Not only are they quiet, they have a low trumpet-mute sound. I drive for a living, and I could have avoided many a "close-call" if other drivers could have heard my horn. Contemporary cars and sound systems are making the road more hazardous for quiet horned cars.

If it wasn't for the remote mount oil filter, I would have installed the twin horns that I salvaged from my old Delta 88, but they won't fit.

  1. In high school I had a friend install an air horn in his S-10, but it was the I-4 2WD, lots more room under the hood. The funny thing is with the airhorns he bought, he got a sound like someone stepped on a cat, not the deep blaring of the semis. It was worse than nails on the chalkboard, but you couldn't miss it.

Jeff

Reply to
jeffNOSPAMgodfrey

It's in the compressor size and the horn that give it the sound, nothing funny about it. Remember that semi's use air for braking, so they have some rather robust pumps :-) The ones you buy and pepboys and vip will be the same way shrill but loud. I wouldn't mind snaggin all I need to make my K5 sound like a semi...

I have a 75watt power horn mounted to the inner left fender in my

4banger S10, I have it hooked up to a CB. If my CB hadn't crapped out I would have used it to take out my agressions on all the morons that don't give me the right of way :0)

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey