S10/S15 Disable DRL and Electronic Key?

I *am* confusing the two features and thanks for clearing it up. The DRL feature is my friend but the Automatic Light Control is not.

So, going back to the problem of coming to a stop and wanting to turn my headlights off *after* the truck has already been started is what I would like to be able to do. Engaging the parking brake in this situation doesn't turn the lights off. Is shutting the engine off, engaging the parking brake and restarting the engine my only alternative with these automatic headlights??

Regards

Reply to
Messenger

On my '04 full size, you just twist the headlamp switch to the left to turn 'em off. Don't know if you have that option, or not.

KB

Reply to
KB

Any S-10 after 2000, just press the dome-override 4 times in a short period of time and the AHLs get disabled. This gets re-set every ignition cycle.

Reply to
Mike Levy

I don't have that option but wish I did. The lights are on when the sensor says that it's dark outside.

Regards

Reply to
Messenger

I'm stuck in 1999 and if I'm not mistaken again, this only pertains to the DRLs. I'm working on the Automatic Light Control in the after dark mode....

Regards

Reply to
Messenger

Google is your friend. I bought an aftermarket switch that I can choose to have my automatic headlights on. I NEVER choose the auto mode, except in the daytime. The switch also controls my DRL's and I like them in the daytime. For headlights, I use the headlight switch. If you can't find a thing similar to mine, there are a million pages out there that will tell you to put a resistor in the sensor wiring.

Reply to
George