automatic door locks

Does anyone no how to disable the automatic door locks that lock to doors once you reach about 15mph on a 1993 Plymouth Grand Voyager? The stupid things are driving me crazy, I use it to make delievries and have to keep unlocking the door every time I pull away from a stop.

Help please!!!

Reply to
imacarlovr

Check the owners manual for the information.

Reply to
Road Runner

Why would you need to unlock the door every time you "pull away from a stop"?

Reply to
Larry

A scan tool would be needed to go into the Body Control Module to have this done.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Does it?

Im sure it tells you how in my haynes or handbook somewhere. It is very annoying so I will dig it out asap and check it out for myself.

Reply to
Burgerman

Haynes Book!!! Are you kidding?

Reply to
maxpower

Surely you mean come to a stop? Frankly, I find the action of unlocking the doors is automatic enough that I really doubt it costs me any time at all. Of course, when I'm driving my car (a '78 Newport) as opposed to my wife's (a 2000 Intrepid) or my truck (a '07 Dakota), I automatically hit the lock with my elbow to lock it as I close the door anyway...

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

N. Its either in there or in the handbook! Somewhere. I am sure I read it already...

Reply to
Burgerman

Its a customer Preference setting that was designed to be set by a scan tool only.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

When I think about it it may have said it was "turnoffable" but that you should contact your dealer? I was actually looking to find out how to program a third key for my 2007 Dodge Caravan. The details for that were there for sure,

Reply to
Burgerman

That's correct, Chrysler made it so that the owner would have to bring it in to the dealer to have the settings changed on the older model vehicles

Reply to
maxpower

Just disconnect the solenoid.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

I knew I read it somewhere!!!

Here is how:

The Automatic Door Locks can be enabled or disabled by performing the following procedure:

  1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition switch.

  1. Cycle the ignition switch ON/OFF four times ending i in the OFF position, (do not start the engine)

  2. Within 10 seconds of the final cycle, press the interior driver's door lock switch to the LOCK position.

  1. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

You can turn the feature back on by repeating the above mentioned procedure or by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features section on vehicles so equipped.

And a few more for fun!

Customer Key Programming

You can program new sentry keys to the system if you have two valid sentry keys by performing the following procedure:

  1. Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank(s) to match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.

  1. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the first key.

  2. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds a chime will sound and the Theft Alarm Light will begin to flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the second key.

  1. Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10 seconds a single chime will sound. The Theft Alarm Light will stop flashing, turn on for 3 seconds; then turn off.

The new Sentry Key has been programmed. The Keyless Entry Transmitter will also be programmed during this procedure. Repeat this procedure to program up to a total of 8 keys. If you do not have a programmed sentry key, contact your dealer for details. NOTE: If a programmed key has been lost, see your dealer to have all remaining keys erased from the systems memory. The remaining keys must then repro-grammed. This will prevent the lost key from starting your vehicle. All vehicle keys must be taken to the dealer at the time of service to be reprogrammed.

The Remote Unlock Driver's Door 1st feature can be enabled or disabled by performing the following procedure:

  1. Press the UNLOCK button for 5 to 10 seconds.

  1. While the UNLOCK button is pressed, (after 5 seconds) press the LOCK button. Release both buttons.

The "Remote Unlock Driver's Door 1st" feature can be reactivated by repeating the above mentioned procedure or by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features section on vehicles so equipped.

If desired, the "Sound Horn On Lock" feature can be turned on and off by performing the following procedure:

  1. Press the LOCK button for 5 to 10 seconds.

  1. While the LOCK button is pressed (after 5 seconds), press the PANIC button. Release both buttons.

The "Sound Horn On Lock" feature can be reactivated by repeating this procedure or by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features section on vehicles so equipped.

To Turn Off "Flash Lights On Lock/Unlock" - If Equipped

If desired, the "Flash Lights On Lock/Unlock" feature can be turned on and off by performing the following procedure:

  1. Press the LOCK button for 5 to 10 seconds.

  1. While the LOCK button is pressed, (after 5 seconds) press the UNLOCK button. Release both buttons.

The "Flash Lights On Lock/Unlock" feature can be reactivated by repeating this procedure or by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features section on vehicles so equipped. The table below explains the Lamp Flash options.

The Sliding Door Open Flash can be enabled or disabled by performing the following procedure:

  1. Place the key in the ignition switch.

  1. Cycle the ignition switch ON/OFF four times ending in the OFF position, (do not start the engine)

  2. Within 10 seconds of the final cycle, press the hazard switch.

  1. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

You can turn the feature back on by repeating the above mentioned procedure or by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features section on vehicles so equipped.

Enhanced Driver Seat Belt Use Reminder System (BeltAlert)

If the driver's seat belt has not been buckled within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle and if the vehicle speed is greater than 5 mph (8 km/h), the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) will alert the driver to buckle their seat belt. The driver should also instruct all other occupants to buckle their seat belts. Once the warning is triggered, the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) will continue to chime and flash the Seat Belt Warning Light for

96 seconds or until the driver's seat belt is buckled.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) will be reactivated if the driver's seat belt is unbuckled for more than 10 seconds and the vehicle speed is greater than 5 mph (8 km/h).

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or RUN position. Daimler Chrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

  1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver's seat belt.

  1. Turn the ignition key to the RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

  2. Within 60 seconds, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times, ending with the seat belt buckled.

  1. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver's seat belt remains unfastened.

A/C Recirculation Programming

The recirculation control is programmed to cancel the recirculation mode when the ignition key is turned OFF and will reset to outside air mode when the ignition key is turned ON. The frequent use of outside air will help keep odors from building up within the air conditioner-heater housing. It is recommended that the recirculation mode be used as little as possible, especially in humid climates.

For hot and dry climates, or people who are allergic to pollen and find frequent use of the recirculation mode necessary, the recirculation mode can be programmed to not automatically reset to the outside mode by using the following procedures:

. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

. Set the mode control to "PANEL".

. Depress and hold in the "Rear Wipe/Wash" button.

. Start the engine, and continue to hold in the "Rear Wipe/Wash" button until the indicator light starts flashing repeatedly.

. Press the recirculation button until the indicator light remains lit.

. The selection will be stored when the ignition switch is turned OFF or if the "Rear Wipe/Wash" button is pressed.

If the recirculation indicator light is lit, the recirculation mode will not reset when the engine is started. If the recirculation indicator light is not lit, the recirculation mode will reset to the outside air mode when the engine is started. The programmed status can be changed back and forth by following the above mentioned procedure.

Automatic Climate Control

To provide you with maximum comfort in the automatic mode, during cold start-ups the blower fan will remain off and "DELAY" will appear in the front ATC display until the engine warms up. Also, an estimate of the time remaining until the "DELAY" is over will appear periodically in the display. However, the fan will engage immediately if the defrost mode is selected or by rotating the blower control to any fixed blower speed.

This feature may be disabled using the following procedure:

. Press and hold the Heated Rear Window and Auto LO buttons for 5 seconds.

. The "DELAY" symbol will flash to indicate that the feature as been disabled.

This feature may be enabled using the following procedure:

. Press and hold the Heated Rear Window and Auto HI buttons for 5 seconds.

. The "DELAY" symbol will flash to indicate that the feature as been enabled.

Note: I am not telling anyone to do any of these. I am not responsible for any problems that may arise from this. Use at your on discretion.

Reply to
Burgerman

deactivated,

The problem with those Manuals is they are written for multiple year vehicles. They didn't have Sentry/skim keys, remote unlock doors etc... for the 93 Mini van. In order to program Cust preferences it has to be done with the DRB2 scan tool. OP was 93 mini van.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

That was for the 2k3 to 2k7 generation minivan? Works on mine! Are the older ones that much different? OK then. Still useful for others.

Reply to
Burgerman

They are alot different on todays vehicles.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

-- Message posted using

information at

damnnickname

Which door(s) need to be left unlocked? May be too simple to not cause other problems, but say rr door only needs left unlocked. Cut and splice wire going to that specific lock, run ends to front, like under carpet, under the dash and to a toggle switch that you alone know about. *NOTE* before running leads & switch, trial-run it w/just the wire disconected/cut. If all works ok, then run extensions wire to the toggle--else re-connect or re-splice. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Not sure why this is a problem as on both my '92 Dynasty and my '95 GC SE (both with auto-locks) simply pulling the inside door handle automatically pops the lock slider up and opens the door. Are you getting out then walking around to the sliding door only to find it still locked? I have found that if the BCM thinks a door is still open that instead of auto-locking it simply sounds a single chime as the vehicle starts rolling from a stop. The only down side to this is it also leaves the "Door Ajar" light on.

Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know