Shift Selection Indicator -- Ian? Anyone?

Hey all, late last week I went to put my truck into drive and whatever moves the little orange gear selection indicator quit. I'm assuming a band of some sort, but haven't ever dealt with this. It's an 88 S-10 Auto tranny with shifter on right side of steering column, and indicator in the dash (bottom, middle of dash). What am I looking at to fix this (cost and effort)? Obviously I can count P, R, N, O, D to get it where I want it, but it's a lot easier just to eyeball it.

TIA!

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris