93 Nissan Quest won't go in park

A while back my Quest van stopped going in park. I found a small screw on the floor under the gear shift ( gear shift is on the column ). The car goes in all other gears fine, but the orange indicator on the dash for the gears selection goes past the proper gear. For example, if i'm in drive, there is some play in the indicator from N to D2 before it actually engages another gear. I can get the key out and start it from neutral. I just set the emergency brake when I turn off the car. Any ideas what it could be would be appreciated. TIA.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
bigtoe

common problem.

Get up under the dash and look for the cable that attaches to the shifter, you should see one of the 2 bolts missing . install the missing bolt and all will be fine

the floor under the gear shift ( gear shift is on the column ). The car goes in all other gears fine, but the orange indicator on the dash for the gears selection goes past the proper gear. For example, if i'm in drive, there is some play in the indicator from N to D2 before it actually engages another gear. I can get the key out and start it from neutral. I just set the emergency brake when I turn off the car. Any ideas what it could be would be appreciated. TIA.

Reply to
NissTech