Slyvania cool Blues[?]

I paid $16.99 ea for some of these headlights today and Advanced Auto. The lenses on my 98 S-10 4x, had fogged and I could not see. But these new headlights sure don't look blue to me. They seem to be yellow, just like any other headlamp. I came within inches of hitting a couple of deer in this snow storm here tonight coming home too. Good thing I was only doing 35-40mph. I could not see them until I was right on them, and I swerved just missing the one on the right and went right in between one following him. Damn! Very lucky this time! But what about these lights???

Reply to
Kirby "Does it Hurt?" Black

I bet they would work better if you slowed the f*ck down.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Pitch them and get the Sylvania Silverstar lamps. REALLY f**king bright man! I don't even need to use my high beams and/or driving lights on backass country roads like I used to. Well worth the money.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

SilverStars are the best out there now...they are a much crisper, more intense light, and YES, they are more expensive, but they are worth it. I have them in my Sonoma

problem is, when you take the clips off the back of those Light assemblies, they never aim right after that LOL

but they work, so its all good to me

Reply to
Jason Sobol

They are pricey, but IMHO, WELL worth the moolah. I'll never buy another type of headlight again, unless Sylvania comes out with something better.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

You can't get the sealed beam, the whole light? What good is a headlight that won't aim correctly?

Reply to
Kirby "Does it Hurt?" Black

I hope they dont, I like these just fine, thank you very much lol

Jason Sobol
98 Sonomas do not have sealed beams....its halogen lights inside a lens housing for driving lights, Hi beams, turn signals, and fog lights, if so equipped.

Jason Sobol

I had a hell of a time finding these, are they something thats being phased out I wonder? $22/lamp. Seems to me I've heard that they burn out rather quickly, and several stores I called only had one headlight so it seems that might suggest that. Any additional comment? Also, I found Wagner supposedly has what is supposed to be a comparable lamp, but its $14.95 at NAPA. I'm going to try the Syl first.

Reply to
Kirby "Does it Hurt?" Black

No they are not phasing them out at all; they just came out not too long ago and are Sylvania's flagship headlamp. The reason no one has em' is likely because everyone is buying them.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I heard They Were ILLEGAL in Michigan!! Original Equipment ONLY for HEADLIGHTS

I know Grand Blanc TWP POLICE are ticketing For there use, unless THe Vehicle Has The OPTION for those Headlights From the Manufacture

Reply to
Santa

So what are they doing carrying a LUX meter?

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Selfish,selfish,selfish...I'd personally like to have one night of amnesty to pop a .38spl round through every pair of blue headlights that I can't help but see (and nothing else for about the next thirty seconds). Why don't democrats use their turn signals? The think the gov't ought to do it for them.

Reply to
NokNokMan

Bonehead, the cool blues do not look blue at all, just very white and clear.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Mine sure didn't. Thats why I took them back and got the silver stars you mentioned. Even these are somewhat of a disappointment, but they are definately better than regular halogens or cool blues. Halogens back in the 80's were decent, what happened to them? My cool blues were still yellow. I think what i'm seeing and what NokNok is probably bitching about, are the $500+ mods, which are probably illegal, that you see out on the road these days, racing up on your ass from behind with the cowardly black windows and all, and they are blinding. Poor little rich kids never got their ass kicked I'd guess.

Reply to
Kirby "Does it Hurt?" Black

My apologies; I thought you were referring to the Silverstars and not the Cool Blues, which do indeed look blue. Seems that I'm the bonehead here.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"