The A/C in my Blazer Is on the blink

The compressor for my A/C turns on and off all the time, sometimes I get cold air but most of the time I don't. I bought a can of 134-a re-charge that has a guage on it, and when I hook it up, it reads 'over charged'. Would my system being over charged cause this type of problem?

Reply to
Keydoszius

Was the truck running when you had it hooked up to the low-side service port? Ten bucks says it wasn't.......................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I'll send you my address. I not only had it running but it was on high just like the instructions said. That is also how I discovered the compressor was turning on and off.

Reply to
Keydoszius

Not yet poncho (with the address)...................what was the RPM level? You should test low and high-sides @ 2000K RPM or so.

Regards,

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Yes, if it has a "High Pressure Safety Switch".

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

Hmmmm........2 million rpm's? That must be some engine. ;-) H

Reply to
Hairy

Awwww shucks, you know what I meant! Besides, the gauges on those cans are worse than worthless. If he's using that as a guide he'll never get it anywhere even close to ideal..........

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"