Transmission not shifting

I have a 95 k1500 4x4 and when it gets cold outside i cant get the transmission to shift. The truck will be stuck in 3rd gear. I can manually shift it down but it wont go to overdrive. After the truck warms up i can turn it off and then restart it then the transmission will work properly. Could it be a bad wiring connection to the transmission and does anyone know which wires i would be looking for? The truck has worked flawlessly all summer but is now starting to act up again. Thanks

Reply to
Rob

. . . . snipped-for-privacy@email.com (Rob) writes in..........

I have a 95 k1500 4x4 and when it gets cold outside i cant get the transmission to shift.

The truck will be stuck in 3rd gear. I can manually shift it down but it wont go to overdrive. After the truck warms up i can turn it off and then restart it then the transmission will work properly.

Could it be a bad wiring connection to the transmission and does anyone know which wires i would be looking for?

The truck has worked flawlessly all summer but is now starting to act up again.

Thanks ======== ========

I will defer to Gary G.....

but that acting up "AGAIN" part sounds like yer leav'n something out about the trannies shifting history.

have you thought about haveing it flushed?

or....

an additive?

scrib abell ~wonders~ ============== ==============

Reply to
Scrib Abell

he's losing power to the shift solenoids

probably a bad ignition switch

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

. . I do beleive there's a bulletin out on that.

scrib abell =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary=A0Glaenzer)

he's losing power to the shift solenoids

probably a bad ignition switch

. . . snipped-for-privacy@email.com (Rob) writes in.......... I have a 95 k1500 4x4 and when it gets cold outside i cant get the transmission to shift. =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0The truck will be stuck in 3rd gear. I can manually shift it down but it wont go to overdrive. =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0After the truck warms up i can turn it off and then restart it then the transmission will work properly. =A0=A0Could it be a bad wiring connection to the transmission and does anyone know which wires i would be looking for? The truck has worked flawlessly all summer but is now starting to act up again. =A0=A0=A0=A0Thanks =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D I will defer to Gary G..... but that acting up "AGAIN" part sounds like yer leav'n something out about the trannies shifting history. have you thought about haveing it flushed? or.... an additive? scrib abell ~wonders~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Scrib Abell

yes, and also an aftermarket fix, that uses a relay to power the solenoids, the relay is powered by another section of the switch that isn't burnt up

scrib abell ======= ======= snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary Glaenzer)

he's losing power to the shift solenoids

probably a bad ignition switch

. . .

snipped-for-privacy@email.com (Rob) writes in.......... I have a 95 k1500 4x4 and when it gets cold outside i cant get the transmission to shift. The truck will be stuck in 3rd gear. I can manually shift it down but it wont go to overdrive. After the truck warms up i can turn it off and then restart it then the transmission will work properly. Could it be a bad wiring connection to the transmission and does anyone know which wires i would be looking for? The truck has worked flawlessly all summer but is now starting to act up again. Thanks ======== ======== I will defer to Gary G..... but that acting up "AGAIN" part sounds like yer leav'n something out about the trannies shifting history. have you thought about haveing it flushed? or.... an additive? scrib abell ~wonders~ ============== ==============

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Thanks for all the input. I will check out the switch and aftermarket fix

wrote

Reply to
Rob

Wonder why that would be affected by the cold? Aren't flushes supposed to be bad Gary?

news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2318.public.lawson.webtv.net...

Reply to
KJ

. . . . Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Oct 27, 2003, 8:28pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary=A0Glaenzer)

yes, and also an aftermarket fix, that uses a relay to power the solenoids, the relay is powered by another section of the switch that isn't burnt up

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

and it's a simple tie in at the junction box under the hood....

r&r 101

scrib abell ~:~

Reply to
Scrib Abell