92 Eclipse will not shift out of 3rd gear (automatic)

I have a 92 Eclipse with an automatic transmission. When I shift it to

3rd, 2nd, or drive it stays in 3rd...I think, it may be second. Anyway it will not shift through the gears. I have replaced the Transmission Control Module but still no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks
Reply to
STEVE

Sounds like "limp" mode (2nd) has engaged. This is also the effect you get when the transmission shop tells you what it will cost to rebuild it .

At least have the trans fluid level checked and any ROUTINE service or adjustments done. If the trans is dead, it's usually cheaper to buy another running 92-94 model. Get a manual next time, as these will keep going even with quite major problems.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS