TranSurgeon Transmission Coolers

What do you think of the prices, of the fact that they have 1/2" NPT connections?

or the prices here?

According to your wisdom I am planning on the two heavy duty tranny coolers in parallel, mainly because I plan on spankin' my tranny so I figure that I can't really over do it. The one on top looks nice because of the pip threads though!!

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

why go from pipe threads to hose to metal lines that's two transiitions per hose

_Code=MDITP&Category_Code=TCCE>

_Code=MDITP&Category_Code=HCS>

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Why couldn't I just use metal hose? I don't see the need for any hose, that's why it interests me.

~KJ~

> _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=TCCE> >

> _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=HCS> >

Reply to
KJ

vibration isolation

the same reason that there is a rubber hose between engine and radiator

> > _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=TCCE> > >

> > _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=HCS> > >

Reply to
TranSurgeon

You could, you would just need brass adapters that go from NPT to reverse flare for the steel lines. One thing you might want to do if you use steel all the way to the front of the radiator (I assume that's where your putting it) is to make both lines into a loop just before going through the core support. That will help to keep vibration from fracturing a line. Just a thought as your adding a lot of length to the lines and they probably won't be clamped along a from section.

nospam

> > _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=TCCE> > >

> > _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=HCS> > >

Reply to
NoSpam

Sounds good enough. Wondering why they didn't do something similar for the stock cooler?

~KJ~

transiitions

> > > _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=TCCE> > > >

> > > _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=HCS> > > >

Reply to
KJ

So basically like the loops in the brake line by the master cylinder?

~KJ~

transiitions

> > > _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=TCCE> > > >

> > > _Code=MDITP&Category_Code=HCS> > > >

Reply to
KJ

Yes, If you were to use solid lines you need some way to allow flex in the lines so they don't fractures.

nospam