hey bro's...cruise control help

Gonna be takin a long trip (jersey to arizona) and want to put a good cruise control kit in my 98 sahara...any recommendations? is it a job for do it yourselfer? or have it done professional? right leg is amputated above knee, so i drive with left foot...crossin over like that is painful after a while, but there are some loooooonnngg stretches of highway and cruise would come in handy...thanks for any help....

Reply to
Trailboss

L.W.(ßill)

yea, I saw that...is that a good one? is there such thing as a "better" or "Best one"....can it be installed by an idiot like me? just wondering....thanks bill...

God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Trailboss

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

What about a hand throttle? You could make that outta a few bucks in bike parts. It's also helpful on the trails (in a manual at least) n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Trailboss, I installed a Rostra electric cruise control in may 97 TJ back in June of this year. I researched them and Rostra looked to be the best aftermarket unit.

I bought it at:

though I'm in Louisiana these guys seemed like a good outfit.They answered the phone on a Saturday morning when I decided to order it.They shipped it right away. I got the P/N 2501223 Cruise Control Unit and P/N 2503421 Control Lever. $177 Total

I've been real happy with it. One of the better things I've done to the Jeep. Hardest part about the install is finding the right wires to connect to on the TJ. I have a factory service manual which I think was a life saver here.

If you get this unit and get stumped during the install I'll be around here.

Mark Burns

Reply to
Mark Burns

thanks a lot friend, I'll look into it!

Reply to
Trailboss

You can still get the factory units. I just got one for my '00 XJ. They also have the kits for TJ. A little pricey, but installation is a snap since you don't have to cut and splice.

Jeff, '91 YJ, '00 XJ

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

The standard Mopar one is pretty good, and the kit is easy to install.

I got mine from Jeepsareus.com

Dave Milne, Scotland

99 Sahara
Reply to
Dave Milne

Dave Milne did pass the time by typing:

That site would look better if they ran a spell checker on it. :)

Reply to
DougW