Trouble code

The service engine soon light came on in my wife's 2000 Chevy Venture yesterday. I had Autozone read it and the code they found is a P0410 "secondary air injection system malfunction". Can anyone tell me what this means and what I might be able to do to correct it? Thanks.

Reply to
Geo

Smog pump isn't functioning correctly. I believe yours is electric. Will have hoses running from the pump to the exhaust manifold as it injects fresh air into the exhaust stream to lower tailpipe emissions. Could be a hose is loose or cracked.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Wow that is F*CKING retarded. What a cheesy way to get better 'missions! Pathetic.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ