1992 Nissan Rough Idle and Bogs Down during Acceleration

1992 Nissan Rough Idle and Bogs Down during Acceleration. I've changed the fuel filter, wires, plugs, air filter, and at loss for any
ideas. While driving at low speed it does ok but still has a miss and shuts off at any intersection. It has black exhaust and the smell of gas no and then. Please help
You might be able to read the computer error code which ought to give you a clue about this problem. There is probably some good information in a "Haynes" manual, which you can get for about $13 from auto stores like Pep Boys. The manual should show you how to read that computer code (engine management computer) which probably is located under the front seat - or it is in my '97 Nissan pickup. Somebody on *this* Newsgroup will probably be able to tell you what the flashing Check Engine light code means.