Turn Signal Lamp Stuck On

I've got a 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer. A strange problem just occurred tonight. The left turn signal indicator stays on steadily and the driver's side turn signal lamp stays on at all times...when I make a right (or left) turn, the signals behave normally...when the signal is done its back to the steady left signal indicator & steady-on driver's signal lamp.

Any suggestions for what I can try to fix this?

Reply to
Spiderman

Since you've got power to all four corners until you move the turn signal stalk, and fuses don't blow, - yeah - look at the column switch itself.

It'd be a good idea to check the plug on the steering column where the wires come out of the column in case something rubbed through them.

Dave

Reply to
David Ward

Simple solution: only make left turns. :)

Reply to
Anon

I've noticed a similar behavior on my Scout at times. It's usually been related to a bad ground at the signal light. Check the bulbs and grounding of the front and rear signals. HTH, Myron

Reply to
Myron

Why? The turn signals work...its just that when I'm not turning, the left signal indicator & steady-on driver's signal lamp stay ON.

Reply to
Spiderman

The left turn signal indicator in the dash is stuck ON only when the headlights are turned on. The left turn bulb on the front blinks when turning, but is off otherwise...unlike the right front turn bulb. Are you telling me that the steady left turn signal indicator is telling me to replace the front left turn bulb?

Reply to
Spiderman

Reply to
George

Thanks for the good info...that sounds like the problem. Now, is this bulb easy for a novice to replace?

Reply to
Spiderman

Reply to
George

Move to Fort Meyers and you will fit right in with all the other seniors.

Reply to
PAUL

Reply to
George