Update:Multiple Missfire from september

I finally am getting back into this problem.

from previous post:

OK Got an "Auto Xray" from checker. Checked the codes and it came up > with only a P300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire. How do you suggest I > proceed Doc. Should I check the compression next or some electrical. > > TIA > Corey >Corey, >1. Manually verify spark @ each wire (yank each plug, hook up to plug wire, >then ground it and have someone crank). >2. Verify voltage is getting to all the injectors (use a noid light). >3. Compression test couldn't hurt but I seriously doubt that's the problem. >Doc

Anyway I broke my foot had a baby and moved and now I think I can get back into this. I checked all the spark plug wires for resistance. They were all well within the suggested range which is below 25000 ohms they all tested from 600 to 1500 ohms. I started to manually check spark at the cylinders only got to two of them (so far, so good), but I rechecked the codes and now it is coming up with 272 and 274 I think. Anyway it was "Rich (bank1)" and "Rich (bank2)" do you suppose this is related or an entirely different beast. The truck: 99 Yukon 80,000.

Corey

Reply to
CS

"CS" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...