wandering steering

92 Blazer s-10 150,000 miles 4.3l vortec 4x4,I wonder if any of you guys can help,i`m having a hard time locating the part that i need to change to stop my steering from wandering a bit,the manual says check the shock absorbers,burt they look and feel good,what else could i check? Thanks
Reply to
Crusader

--------

150,000....

Idler Arm, and Pitman Arm (Both easy to replace).

Ball joints.

U-joints on the steering column shaft.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

I?m not entirely sure what could cause the problem. I would probably jack up the front end. Then, I would try to move the tires side to side to see if the linkage has worn out. Just a thought.

Reply to
BadBow99S10

My 89 with 220,000 miles has a plain old loose steering gear. See if the wheel will move excessively w/o moving the steering linkage. That isolates it pretty fast.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff in Atl

I meant steering wheel there.