What the weight difference?

Anybody know what the basic difference in weight is between a V-6 (4.3L SBC) and a V-8 (5.7L SBC)? Complete engine weight, not short block.

Diamond Jim

Reply to
Diamond Jim
190 pounds or so. If equipped with the same accessories.
Reply to
Steve W.

Really that much? I though it was less than that.

Diamond Jim

Reply to
Diamond Jim

Sounds like someone is planning a V8 swap...

what's the victim?

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

Its less than that I think...more around the 110lb range. Not to sure though, I just woke up.

| > Diamond Jim | >

| | | | |

Reply to
Shades

The victim is my 21 foot Sunfish Boat. It had a 120 hp and a Berkley "C" jet drive in it. Its getting something a little bigger, such as a high revving

302 small block and an "A" or "B" impeller.

Diamond Jim

"The Old Devil Dog"

Reply to
Diamond Jim