What the weight difference?

Anybody know what the basic difference in weight is between a V-6 (4.3L SBC) and a V-8 (5.7L SBC)? Complete engine weight, not short block.
Diamond Jim

190 pounds or so. If equipped with the same accessories.
--
Steve Williams

"Diamond Jim" < snipped-for-privacy@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
Really that much? I though it was less than that.
Diamond Jim

Its less than that I think...more around the 110lb range. Not to sure though, I just woke up.
| > Anybody know what the basic difference in weight is between a V-6 | (4.3L SBC) | > and a V-8 (5.7L SBC)? Complete engine weight, not short block. | > | > Diamond Jim | > | > | | | | |
Sounds like someone is planning a V8 swap...
what's the victim?

SBC)
The victim is my 21 foot Sunfish Boat. It had a 120 hp and a Berkley "C" jet drive in it. Its getting something a little bigger, such as a high revving 302 small block and an "A" or "B" impeller.
Diamond Jim
"The Old Devil Dog"