94 integra a/c problem (burst suction hose)

1994 integra LS 3 dr 234,000 MILES still purrs! 12 years old!!! Last August had the A/C high side pressure switch replaced and system recharged! Ice cold air until last Friday. All of a sudden I noticed "uncooled air" coming out of vents.....THEN.... Turning A/C switch on and off a few times.....had a burst of freon come through the "suction hose. (This is the hose coming from compressor to the recharging intake valve marked by an L....) It is a low pressure hose. It split the rubber housing exposing the braided hose underneath near the crimped part! I can replace this hose and recharge but does anyone have any knowledge if something MORE substantial might have happened with the compressor to cause this pressure burst? The suction hose is $117.00 and I would hate to repair and recharge system only to find out it was something MORE involved!! Any and all replies would be greatly appreciated!!! Neil
Reply to
DELPIE