A/C service

My A/C in my '93 Toyota extended cab has worked fine until today. I turned it on and didn't get any cold air just cool. No funny noises or problems I could see. Probably needs a coolant recharge and system check. What would be a good dealer price on this work? I am in Louisiana near New Orleans. Thanks to you all.

Reply to
Ben

dont you have a 3 yr /36,000 mile warranty?

it could be an unplugged wire to a hole in the system.

Any decent auto AC store can handle the job.

Reply to
I'm Right

Don't assume a refrigerant recharge. It might be something as simple as a fuse or bad pressure switch. Try to find a shop that won't cheat you too badly. Was the system short-cycling recently...the compressor switching on and off very frequently? If so, yes, you have a refrigerant leak that needs to be fixed before the system is recharged.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton